Some speculate that it is because of financial reasons that he was terminated but others believe that it was because he clashed with management.
He will definitely be back on the air quickly. Who would want to leave the #3 ranked top radio host home when he could be generating more income.
KNEW most likely lost plenty of listeners today including this writer. I have no reason to ever listen to KNEW in San Francisco.
I do not know if they lost millions of listeners or not, but in a recent poll (March, 2009) Michael Savage was said to have 8.25 million listeners nationwide.
Radio is dominated by conservative talk shows because that is what people want to hear. It is the law of supply and demand.
The most recent results from Talkers Magazine, from March of 2009, are as follows:
- The Rush Limbaugh Show - 14.75 million.
- The Sean Hannity Show - 13.75 million.
- Glenn Beck Program - 8.25 million.
- The Savage Nation - 8.25 million.
- The Dr. Laura Program - 8.25 million
- The Laura Ingraham Show - 5.75 million
- The Mark Levin Show- 5.75 million
It is a very sad day when free speech is quashed.